DBTProfessionals working with AOD are often challenged by the complexity clinical presentations and dilemmas that arise during treatment.
Evidence suggests that Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) can help AOD populations. This workshop explores DBT and its application to an AOD population to engage and retain clients.
Participants will advance their knowledge in specific principles and strategies relevant to DBT skills training and coaching with AOD populations, individual therapy, and managing communication and coaching outside of session (e.g. phone calls, emails, texts, etc.). Specific attention will be paid to AOD specific skills as well as dialectics, validation, and behaviour change (“Middle Path”).
Course Prerequisites: The Foundations in DBT workshop is a prerequisite for this workshop. Clinicians are required to be trained to a level where they have knowledge of DBT, the standard content and processes of DBT.
– Become familiar with existing DBT research for AOD populations
– Identify the theory, principles, functions, and modes of comprehensive DBT and explore how they apply to AOD populations
– Introduce the biosocial theory to AOD populations
– Employ DBT commitment strategies
– Target problematic behaviours
– Explore AOD adapted DBT Skills
– Pre December 1st Registration* $198
– Early Bird Rate from $275
– Full Fee from $362