Gold Coast DBT provides a range of comprehensive DBT Programs from our Southport Clinic. We are a private clinic of the Australian DBT Institute and have been running DBT Programs since 2004. Our Clinical Lead, Dr. Peter King (pictured right with DBT creator Marsha Linehan) was mentored by Marsha Linehan’s training, research and development company Behavioral Tech LLC between 2003 and 2008. Dr. King hosted and completed 2 DBT Intensive Training programs with Behavioral Tech LLC in Brisbane (2004) and Melbourne (2008) as well as DBT training in Michigan, USA (2006).
Gold Coast DBT’s comprehensive programs offer individual therapy, skills groups and telephone coaching in DBT. All programs use a DBT informed approach with adaptions made to meet the specialised needs of the Australian community. All of the Gold Coast DBT clinicians have received comprehensive training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and are Credentialed DBT Practitioners with the Australian DBT Institute.
Listed below are our current DBT Skills Groups and all individual therapists at Gold Coast DBT offer the full individual therapy component of DBT as part of their therapy services. Some of our therapists offer phone coaching as part of a comprehensive service and all therapists attend consultation team meetings to further their knowledge and adherence to DBT practice.
Term 2 – 2021 Gold Coast DBT Clinic Group Programs (Gold Coast Time)
- Monday Night Group (5pm) commences 21st April 2021 with Emotion Regulation Skills – A FEW PLACES REMAINING
- Wednesday Night Group (5.30pm) commences 23rd April 2021 with Distress Tolerance Skills – GROUP FULL
Term 3 – 2021 Gold Coast DBT Clinic Group Programs (Gold Coast Time)
- Monday Night Group (5pm) commences 15th July 2021 with Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills – A FEW PLACES REMAINING
- Wednesday Night Group (5.30pm) commences 17th July 2021 with Emotion Regulation Skills – WAITING LIST
Term 4 – 2021 Gold Coast DBT Clinic Group Programs (Gold Coast Time)
- Monday Night Group (5pm) commences 9th October 2021 with Distress Tolerance Skills – PLACES AVAILABLE
- Wednesday Night Group (5.30pm) commences 11th October 2021 with EInterpersonal Effectiveness – PLACES AVAILABLE
For more information go to the Gold Coast DBT Website at http://goldcoastdbt.com/dbt-group-programs