2021 is the sixteenth year DBT programs have been led by Institute Director Dr Peter King. The Institute provides a model of best practice which has been replicated around Australia where Peter, through the Institute, supports the development of DBT programs, educates staff and evaluates Australian DBT programs.
Please find below further details regarding 5 options for online groups Australian DBT Institute. As per the evidence-based approach of DBT, our groups are offered as modules with participants commencing with mindfulness skills for 2 weeks and then followed by either distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness skills or emotion regulation skills.
Term 1 – 2021 Online Group Programs (Melbourne Time)
– Monday Youth Group (3pm) commences 1st February 2021 with Module One
– Monday Adult Group (6.30pm) commences 1st February 2021 with Interpersonal Effectiveness
– Tuesday Adult Group (6pm) commences 2nd February 2021 with Emotion Regulation Module
– Tuesday DBT Graduate Group (8pm) commences April 2021 – Monthly sessions
– Wednesday Adult Group (11am) commences 3rd February 2021 with Distress Tolerance Module
– Wednesday Adult Group (5pm) commences 3rd February 2021 with Interpersonal Effectiveness Module
Additional term commencement dates include:
• Term 2: week commencing 19th April 2021
• Term 3: Week commencing 12th July 2021
• Term 4: Week commencing 11th October 2021
Features of our online programs include:
• DBT teaching videos and interactive online activities
• Ongoing access to each module and skills teaching videos via DBT Assist
• All facilitators have been intensively trained and are Credentialed DBT Practitioners
• Up front or fortnightly payment options• Rebates for individuals with mental health plans
• 9 or 10 weekly skills sessions per module
• Sessions held during each school term (2-week break between modules)
• DBT resources for your current individual therapist to help participants use DBT skills (we can also provide individual therapy if you do not have a therapist)
Further information about our online groups, including frequently asked questions can be found at our online education portal DBT Assist https://www.dbtassist.com/pages/group
DBT ASSIST – an online platform for DBT Groups
DBT Assist is an online service of the Australian DBT Institute which supports individual participants learn DBT skills through an online education portal. DBT Assist supports Mental health professionals teach DBT skills in online DBT groups and through self-paced learning. DBT Assist provide access to web-based interventions that can be classified into those that are guided (groups and individual support by mental health professionals) or those that are automated (self-paced learning with email and video prompts to assist progress through content).
The Australian DBT Institute has developed DBT programs since 2004 in locations that include Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, South Africa and the UK. Our unique approach includes using pop culture and and educational videos to teach and reinforce DBT skills.
DBT Assist gives participants a number of options including learning DBT Skills in a group, one on one and more…
– Online DBT Groups
– DBT Groups led by a local practitioner
– DBT Groups led by DBT-Assist Certified Peer Facilitators
– Graduate DBT Groups
– One on One Sessions with a DBT-Assist Certified Practitioner
– DBT-Assist Self Paced Program
– Trauma informed DBT Program