The Australian DBT Institute is committed to the development of Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, Counsellors and Psychotherapists in the South East Asia region!
Our commitments in South East Asia have included:
- Delivery of DBT and Trauma Therapy Workshops from the Village Hotel Katong in Singapore since 2017
- Supervision of Psychologists and Counsellors in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia since 2012
- DBT Specific Retreats in Karon Beach, Thailand since 2014
- LIVE Webinars for Singaporeans in September 2020
- Intensive Retreats in Thailand for Individuals with a Diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, Substance Use and/or PTSD
WORKSHOPS AND WEBINARS COMING UP FOR SE-ASIAN CLINICIANS!
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all face to face workshops and retreats in Thailand and Singapore are now being facilitated online via Zoom until June 2021. A range of recorded webinars also available via our partner CMHE Academy including credentialing in DBT!
- Level 1 Training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) online at CMHE Academy for only $350 AUD ($343SGD, 7,790Baht, or 1,050MYR)
- Level 2 Training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) online at CMHE Academy for only $350 AUD ($343SGD, 7,790Baht, or 1,050MYR)
- Level 3 Training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Commences on the 23rd November 2020 for only $605AUD ($593SGD, 13,470Baht, or 1,820MYR) – includes a face to face session Village Hotel Katong in Singapore on the 30th September 2021. More information here!
SUPERVISION OPPORTUNITIES IN SE-ASIA!
The Australian DBT Institute offers clinical supervision in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, DBT-Trauma-Informed and Stabilisation Based Therapy for clinicians interested in working with clients with emotion dysregulation, borderline personality disorder or are seeking an approach to stabilise their clients.
Our DBT Supervision is adapted from the consultation team component of dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT). The role of the consultation team is to assist in the therapeutic process by providing feedback and support to therapists. Our experience, and that of the research, indicates that therapists who participate in consultation team show higher level of adherence to DBT than those who seldom met with a team. The reality is that meeting in groups can be challenging logistically and some clinicians prefer one on one supervision. As such, the Australian DBT Institute offers individual therapists and teams unable to schedule consultation team meetings.
Due to COVID-19 developments the Australian DBT Institute will only be offering supervision online until further notice. The following clinicians are available for online or in person supervision:
- Dr. Peter King (Credentialed DBT Supervisor) LinkedIn
- Carly Robertson (Credentialed DBT Supervisor) LinkedIn Profile
- Jacklyn Whybrow (Credentialed DBT Supervisor) LinkedIn Profile