From mid-September 2022, the Australian DBT Institute will be offering two streams of treatment for individuals…
Welcome to the Australian DBT Institute
The Australian DBT Institute is a specialist service of Gold Coast DBT Pty Ltd that was established in 2004 following a formal partnership and mentoring through Marsha Linehan’s (developer of DBT) training organisation Behavioral Tech LLC between 2003 and 2008. Each year the institute develops mental health professionals throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. Our DBT workshops include one-day workshops (foundation, skills, individual therapy, AOD populations & youth), four-day retreats (Far North Queensland, & Thailand), and our twelve month comprehensive training in DBT (Melbourne, Gold Coast & Sydney). The Australian DBT Institute is also contracted by individual workplaces to develop their own DBT programs and educate staff onsite. For a list of organisations we have recently worked with click here!
Australian DBT Institute offers a variety of services from a range of business structures, including Private Psychological Services our Essentia Health Clinics, Telehealth Services & Online DBT Groups through DBT Assist, and professional development opportunities through Centre for Mental Health Education and CMHE Academy. Our accredited partners employ staff trained in the application of DBT and participate in research activities at the Australian DBT Institute including through our Essentia Health Clinics.
Why choose the Australian DBT Institute for your professional development?
- We run up to 12 DBT & RO-DBT Programs each week. Our faculty know the ins and outs of DBT & RO-DBT!
- Our faculty and facilitators are Comprehensively Trained and Credentialed DBT Practitioners
- We have been developing Mental Health Professionals since 2004 with over 15,000 clinicians attending our workshops
- We have helped develop and support over 240 DBT programs
- We developed DBT-TI a trauma-informed adaption of DBT
- We developed the online DBT application DBT Assist to support mental health professionals teach DBT skills online
- We provide ongoing access to a range of additional DBT resources online (including articles, resource worksheets and teaching videos) to attendees of our workshops
- Outcomes following completing comprehensive training with the institute have included:
- Saving to “the local hospital system $49,520 during the 6-month DBT program” – Logan Central Adult Mental Health (2006)
- “…two variables on which participants in the 16-week DBT program showed significantly greater improvement over time. These were quality of life, and suicidality risk.” – Southport headspace (2019)
- “reduced levels of distress, improved relationships and use of positive behaviours all found in evaluations” – Stride HUB in Caboolture (2020)